Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Because I am Drunkish and Jamming Out

A selection of my favorite lyrics from 2 of my favorite artists...5 points to the first person in the comments to identify the artists and every song (because then I don't have to do it).

"I can't be her angel now, 
you know it's not my place to hold her down.
And it's hard for me to take a stand
when I would take her any way I can."

"Fear is a friend who's misunderstood."

"You may have your reasons
but you will never have my rhyme."

"Whatever happened to my lunchbox?
And when the came the day that it got thrown away?
And don't you think I should have had some say in that decision?"

"Once in a while, when it's good, it'll feel like it should.
And there all still around and you're still safe and sound,
and you don't miss a thing til your driving away in the dark..."

"She thinks I can't see the smile that she's faking
and poses for pictures that aren't being taken."

"'Everything happens for a reason'
is no reason not to ask if I am living it right."

"I'll make the most of all the sadness.
You'll be a bitch because you can."
(fastest way to get me in bed = play this song)

"She looked out the window, 
rolling tiny balls of napkin paper.
I played a quick game of chess with the salt and pepper shakers."

"Belief is a beautiful armor
but makes for the heaviest sword,
like punching underwater
you never can hit who you're trying for."

"Well I may seem naive if I cry as you leave
like I'm just one more tortured heart.
These cracks that I show as I'm watching you go
aren't tearing me apart."

"Gonna sell my house and cross the border
cause somebody told me dreams live in Mexico."

"Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom
man made up a story, 
said that I should believe him."

"It's clear this conversation ain't doing a thing,
cause these boys these only listen to me when I sing.
And I don't feel like singing tonight
all the same songs."

"Too many things I haven't done yet,
too many sunsets I haven't seen.
Can't waste the day wishing it'd slow down,
you would've thought by now I'd learned something."

"You hold me without touch,
and you keep me without chains."

I could do this for hours...are you bored yet?

1 comment:

  1. 2) Heart of Life
    4) 1983
    6) comfortable
    7) why georgia
    8) slow dancing in a burning room
    (that is the most horrible song to go to bed for!)
    9) my stupid mouth
    10) belief

    ReplyDelete